Now that you’re done setting up your website, making sure everything looks fantastic and works fast, it’s time to create content for it. All of those visitors need a reason to come to your site, and if you are wondering how to increase website traffic fast, this article will help.
We will present you with the best SEO strategies in 2021 that will help you generate organic traffic, straight from Google, without spending a dime on paid advertising, so keep reading!
Take Care Of The Existing Technical Stuff First
Before thinking about doing research to find relevant topics and keywords for future content, you should take care of your website in its current state first. Here’s a quick checklist:
- Fix permalinks – WordPress by default creates links that are too long. Therefore, go to your settings menu, and select the option to use post name for permalinks. The issue here is that old links will no longer function, which is why it is a good idea to use a plugin like Redirection to fix the problem.
- Create internal links – you want users to remain on your site; therefore, all of your posts should have links to other pages on your website. Inner links are one of the best SEO linking strategies, as they increase the amount of time visitors spend on your site.
- Check title tags – you want to make sure that every page on your site has its title tag correctly set up, with your main keyword contained in it.
- Add meta descriptions – meta descriptions will tell readers what they can expect on the page, so make sure they are concise and effectively written.
- Check heading tags – also check your H1/H2/H3 tags. Every post you write should be structured, with only one H1 tag. As for other tags – use them accordingly to create a hierarchy, both for readers and search bots.
- Optimize images – first, make sure you are not using images that are too big unless you need to. Large image files will slow down performance and increase load times. Plugins like ShortPixel will help with that. Alt-text is also a great place to include keywords, and you should also incorporate image title tags.
WordPress SEO Plugins
WordPress SEO plugins, such as YoastSEO, will help you with tasks from the checklist above, which is why every site needs to have them. But, don’t just install an SEO plugin, make sure you follow its recommendations and make updates regularly.
Doing WordPress SEO without a plugin is possible, but it is much better to install one than to experiment on your own if you are a beginner.
Find Topics Your Potential Readers Will Want To See
Now it is time to do keyword research. You want to find keywords that are relevant within your niche and produce quality content targeting those.
For this purpose, you can use Google suggest, which you can find at the bottom of search results pages. You can also use various keyword research tools such as Ahrefs, UberSuggest, Moz, or Semrush.
If you find those tools too expensive or free versions too limiting, Google Keyword Planner might be a good option, as you can use it for free. Another option is AnswerThePublic, which will help you generate questions readers ask.
Also, participating in Facebook and LinkedIn groups, as well as Reddit and Quora discussions, will help you find relevant topics and ideas for new content.
Produce Top Quality Content And Make It SEO-Friendly
After you’ve done keyword research and identified relevant topics, it is time to write the best content you possibly can. This is the hardest part, as no amount of SEO will put your article on the first page if the content itself doesn’t bring value.
Therefore, when writing, focus on readers first. Google will measure how visitors behave once they end up on your website. In other words, if your article isn’t good, readers will leave, and Google will notice it. So, write quality content that visitors want to read, which will also make them come back to your site for more.
After finishing, it is time to make your content SEO-friendly. Make sure you’ve added the previously targeted keywords and that the content is easy to understand, with a clear structure and H1/H2/H3 hierarchy. Add and optimize pictures, and break up the text, avoiding text walls.
How To Increase Blog Traffic Fast
While many SEO marketing strategies are effective, the truth is that all of them take time to show results. Unlike PPC advertising, which gets instant results, search engine optimization is a long-term strategy.
Optimizing your site and writing content requires a lot of work, but it requires even more time for all of those changes to result in ranking improvements. It will take months for Google to index the content for new sites and show it in search rankings properly, so don’t expect anything to happen overnight.
The good news is that if the SEO is done correctly, you can expect a steady stream of traffic for a long time. That is the opposite of PPC ads – with them, as soon as you stop paying, you lose the traffic. Therefore, SEO has excellent ROI, and it keeps returning over time.
This article gave you some WordPress SEO tips you can implement yourself. Once you do, you can expect improvements and a noticeable increase in the number of visitors.
However, don’t expect miracles. SEO is nothing fancy – it requires a lot of work to reach the first page of Google. But it takes even more work to stay there, as every one of your competitors wants the same thing: to get to the first page of search results and stay there forever.
That is why working with a professional SEO Agency is a much better idea than doing everything on your own and is the only sure way to get to and stay on the #1 SERP.