WordPress is the most popular CMS (content management system) where you can easily control the contents without any coding knowledge. However, this is a multi-functioned key to open all the doors for you. If you want that people could find your content easily then you need deep research and knowledge about SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
If you are working on a WordPress site and you wanna make your site SEO friendly then you don’t need to worry because WordPress will offer you a solution without any SEO knowledge. All you need is to select the right SEO plugin. that’s it! There are many SEO plugins in the WordPress plugins directory, you just need to pick right one for you.
Now we start a discussion about both plugins one by one. Let’s have a look at WordPress SEO by Yoast first.
1. WordPress SEO by Yoast
WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast is the most popular plugin. So many people are already using it. It gives you a full range of SEO tools. It displays an SEO section below each page or post in your Admin view so you can easily make your SEO friendly with all the relevant tags you want to fill in for that page, including title tags, meta description, and others.
The On-page SEO section also gives an analysis report of your page so you can improve it. It will make suggestions ranging from issues like increasing the page’s word count to noting that your keyword isn’t used in any headings and slugs. It also shows page SEO quality in colors like red, yellow, or green.
This plugin also include RSS optimization, sitemaps or webmaster tools.
- A good UI design.
- Online resource.
- A huge range of features.
- SEO feedback.
- Limited XML sitemap options.
- Too many features for users.
WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin allows you to integrate with Twitter metadata and Facebook Open Graph to make your site social sites friendly. it also provides you custom boxes for meta description tags and keyword tags. It can automatically check the keyword density, URL, title tag, and links of your article. It is also suggested to put the most effective keywords in the content which helps you optimize your readers’ content and improve readability. Some extra features are below:
- Allows editing robot.txt and .htaccess files.
- Easy to enable XML sitemap.
- Import & Export functionality
- Multi-site Compatible.
2. All In One SEO Plugin
The latest version of the All in One SEO Pack plugin has options to add home title, description, and keywords to your WordPress blog. The most beneficial option for SEO is the rewrite title option. With this option you can show ay a more search-engine-friendly title of your post, this system helps you with keywords in your post title to make your post the first to be picked up by search engines.
- XML sitemap options.
- Unique performance optimizer.
- Fewer features to get your head around.
- UI design isn’t good.
- Too limited for SEO.
All In One SEO Plugin Features
- XML Sitemap Support – Submit your sitemap to Google and Bing and other search engine to improve your SEO
- Google AMP Support (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- google analytics support
- Support SEO for custom post types
- Enhanced Canonical URL
- Redirect attachment pages to the original post
- Automatically notifies search engines like Google and Bing about changes to your site.
- Plugins/themes can access and extend the functionality because of Built-in API
- The only free plugin that provides SEO integration for eCommerce sites including WooCommerce
- Non-Security Built-In All In One SEO Pack
- Automatically optimizes your titles meta for Google and other search engines
- It can Avoid typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- It is an easy plugin for beginners For beginners, It works out-of-the-box. just install.
- Advanced users, you can fine-tune options and optimize SEO.
- You can override title, description, and meta keywords anytime as you want.
- Compatibility with many other plugins
- Translated into 57 languages
- PHP 7 100% Compatible
All in One SEO is a great plugin built for any kind of sites like bloggers, magazines, online businesses, and eCommerce sites. All-in-One SEO Pack, automatically generate meta description and meta keywords for you, It also helps you add tags and customize the title and change the image for post. This plugin can also help you to protect your site from getting penalized in Google so it checks your site automatically for duplicate content. In particular, it is a great plugin to support eCommerce sites including Woocommerce.
The above two plugins have good options for perfect keyword suggestions you so can easily get top rankings in search engines. WordPress SEO by Yoast and All in one SEO both plugins are good, top-rated, widely used, and highly rated by users. You can check the features of each plugin individually and decide which one is good for you.
Consistent use of best recommended Google practices will get you to the top of the search engines in really fast way. Just try any of the above SEO plugins and follow the Google and top search engine guru guidelines.