For any of us, our day begins and ends with looking at our Google Calendar. This helps us prepare for the day ahead, or to know what will happen the next day before we sleep. But what if you use Outlook calendars as well?
It can get a bit confusing using both of them separately and simultaneously, causing a few mistakes. There is a solution, and that’s through synchronizing both your Google and Outlook accounts. But how can you do that successfully?
Read on to learn about the Google and Outlook Calendar sync process on different devices.
Syncing Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar
When you want to sync exchange calendars, you won’t need additional plug-ins or extensions, since both of these platforms use a similar format. If you want to connect Outlook with Google, you will first require a link from Outlook.
Get the link by following these steps:
- Open up your Office 365 account and click on Settings, then View All Outlook Settings.
- Select Calendar, then Shared Calendars.
- You’ll be able to get the link from the Publish Calendar section. Go to Calendar, select Can View All Details, then click Publish.
- Copy your ICS link, which you’ll use in Google later.
After getting the link, finish syncing in Google Calendar. Follow these steps:
- Open your Google Calendar then select ‘Other Calendars +’ located at the bottom of your page.
- Click ‘From URL’ and paste your copied link. Select ‘Add Calendar’.
- You’ll find other calendars and then find the new one you can choose. Once you see your new calendar, then the syncing is done. Now, you can save your calendar, change the colors, rename it, and customize your settings any way you want.
- If you choose to disconnect your calendars, simply hover over your calendar’s name and select the ‘X’ icon.
Using Your iPhone and iPad
If you plan to sync your calendars using your iPhone or iPad, there are different options to follow. One will require to create multiple accounts for your emails, though the best option is to add both your calendars to your device’s Calendar app.
When doing this, you can see your appointments clearly and in organized manner without having to sync your accounts. Furthermore, this is a straightforward process that only takes a few minutes.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open your Settings and select Calendar.
- Select Open Account then open your Google and Outlook accounts.
- Sync all your calendars by toggling the option to green.
- And you’re done! After this, all data appears on your calendar automatically, so you won’t have to worry about double booking and/or overlapping appointments.
Using Android Devices
For those who want to use your Android phone or tablet, the best solution is to install the Microsoft Outlook app, which is free. After installing it, you can connect it using your Google Calendar for all your schedules to be in one place.
Follow these steps:
- Open your Google Play Store and find the Microsoft Outlook app to install.
- After installation, select ‘Open’ and sign in to your Outlook account.
- From here, you’ll get a pop-up notification and you can link your account with other Google accounts.
- You’re finished!
Using Your Mac
It may be better to keep your two calendars updated on one platform instead of syncing them. If you want to use Google Calendar with your Outlook program, there’s a method you can follow.
First, you need to install your Outlook app on the Mac and connect it with your Google account. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Microsoft Outlook, select Outlook, then Preferences.
- Select Accounts and then the + sign from the lower-left corner.
- Select on New Account, logging into your Google Account, then select Continue.
- Choose the Google account you’d like to sync and you will be asked to authorize your Microsoft App to access your calendar. Select ‘Allow’.
- A pop-up window will appear, select ‘Open Microsoft Account’ and select ‘Done’.
- Click on your Calendar icon, where you can see all of your events in the Outlook app.
Gmail doesn’t have any official desktop app, though you can use it with Microsoft Outlook. You just need to know how to sync it with Gmail. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open your Gmail account and select the gear icon, opening the settings.
- Select ‘Forwarding POP/IMAP’, making sure it is checked. Then, select ‘Save Changes’.
- Connect your Outlook and Calendar accounts by opening your Outlook account.
- Tap ‘File’ then ‘Add Account’.
- Enter your Gmail address, click on ‘Advanced Options’, then select ‘Let me set up my account manually’.
- Tap ‘Connect’ and input your information for the IMAP account settings. After entering your password, tap on ‘Connect’.
- Once the account setup is complete, select ‘OK and you’re done!
Wrapping It Up
I hope that these ways to sync your Google and Outlook calendars helped you out! Follow any of these methods, depending on the device you’d like to use. Good luck and enjoy the benefits of your synced calendars!
Do you have any questions or want to share your tips and experiences on how to sync your calendars efficiently? Share them in the comments section below, all of your thoughts will be much appreciated.