WooCommerce is a popular WordPress plugin for eCommerce sites. It is highly functional, flexible, and easy to integrate with your existing WordPress website, social media, etc.
By adding this plugin to your WordPress site, you can turn it into an online store in only a few clicks. Thanks to this plugin, creating, maintaining, and managing e-commerce sites has become more accessible than ever.
However, WooCommerce is huge – in terms of popularity and choice of themes. At the beginning of 2022, 3.8 million sites used the WooCommerce plugin, or 68,000 of the top million sites worldwide. An impressive number, isn’t it?
When we talk about themes, WooCommerce is highly competitive – it offers hundreds of attractive designs of themes built especially for this plugin.
When you face such a voluminous offer, it can be challenging to decide which of the options best suits your needs.
It’s demanding to review hundreds of designs – by the time you get to your twenties, you’ll forget the characteristics of the first one. However, we know how important web design is for attracting and retaining your customers.
Below we will talk about the most critical factors to consider when choosing a theme for your site. We also suggest the ten best themes for eCommerce sites suitable for all business niches.
What to consider when choosing a WooCommerce theme?
Of course, you’ll dedicate much attention to the aesthetic of your future theme, but that is not the only criterion you should keep in mind.
Consider the following factors before making a final decision:
- Easy to use. Choose a WooComerce theme that is easy and simple enough to use so that even a beginner can handle it.
- Compatible with other plugins. eCommerce sites often use a lot of plugins – for integration with social networks, customization, shipping labels, multilingualism, etc. The theme should be compatible with most plugins, so it doesn’t lose its performance (such as loading speed) and is perfectly functional.
- SEO-supported. We all know how important SEO is for the good positioning of your site on search engines. Choosing a theme with built-in SEO optimization will attract more traffic to your site and thus achieve better sales.
- Mobile-friendly. Many of your customers come to your site via mobile devices, so make sure they have a pleasant user experience. 53% of customers will leave if it takes more than 3 seconds to load or if your site load is incomplete.
- Predictable rather than attractive design. In an ideal case, you’ll get both, but choose straightforward design over beautiful if you’re hesitating. Attractive design can arouse the admiration of customers, but if the theme is not easy to navigate, precise and predictable, they will probably feel irritated and leave. Always choose simple designs that do not confuse customers.
- The focus should always be on the main block. A central block is a place of your eCommerce website where all the products you sell are located, and you can’t let anything distract from this segment of your site.
Now let’s take a look at the top 10 WooCommerce WordPress themes and their features, according to the experience of Best Influencer Marketing Companies:
Astra WordPress theme
The most popular theme of all time
WP Astra is one of the most lightweight themes. Therefore, it has exquisite loading speed, crucial for eCommerce sites. According to Astra’s official page, more than 1.6 million websites use this theme, including some of the most influential names in education, science, IT, etc.
You can quickly create a website with Astra and then adapt it 100% to your needs.
Another advantage of Astra is that it is compatible with the most popular site builders (Elementor, Beaver Builder, Brizy). Site templates are also available for each of the listed page builders.
Here are some of Astra’s essential characteristics:
- Ideal for making predesigned websites.
- Highly customizable, and you don’t need coding to customize it.
- Suitable for most WooCommerce plugins.
- It is one of the fastest, if not the quickest, themes ever.
Price: $49 to $249 per year.
The multipurpose theme for everyone!
Ocean WP is multipurpose and suitable for everyone – from beginners to developers. Whether you have a huge eCommerce store, want a hobby website, you’re into website design, it will meet your needs.
It features Gutenberg block editor and Elementor page builder templates and excellent accessibility. It is SEO-friendly, lightweight, and fast.
Interesting fact: Ocean WP theme has been downloaded almost 5 million times and used on over 700.000 sites worldwide.
Main characteristics of Ocean WP:
- Easy customization of layouts, header, menu, colors, and other features.
- Lightweight, which guarantees fast loading speed.
- SEO-friendly – beneficial for SERP positioning.
- Page builder and block editor compatibility.
- Suitable for any business niche.
- Supports multi-languages.
Price: $35 to $79 per year.
Versatility and minimalism in one theme.
Neve is an easily customizable multipurpose theme with a minimalistic design. Neve is very responsive since it’s AMP optimized, which means it has excellent loading time on desktop and mobile.
Numerous customizing options make it ideal for eCommerce stores, personal blogs, business sites, agencies, and many other users.
Neve’s characteristics are following:
- AMP optimized and highly responsive
- Great customization options
- Suitable for personal blogs and businesses of all sizes
- It looks representative on desktop and mobile devices
- It supports Gutenberg and most page builder plugins
- WooCommerce ready
Price: Available free version. Premium goes from $49 to $159 per year.
Designed to increase sales.
Outfitter Pro is a premium WooCommerce theme. This theme characterizes a minimalist design, further highlighted by a white background so that the sales items stand out and look visually attractive.
StudioPress, the Outfitter Pro theme creator, states that the theme is designed to improve sales through suggestive product pages and intuitive check-out.
The main features of Outfitter Pro are:
- Ideal for product-driven websites
- Explicit and suggestive navigation accelerates sales
- Easy integration with social media accounts.
- Highly responsive
Price: Available on-demand.
The theme that boosts organic traffic to your website.
Shoptimizer is a premium WooCommerce theme developed by CommerceGurus, a company that specializes exclusively in eCommerce designs that drive sales.
Having that in mind, one shouldn’t be wondering about all carefully planned details that boost conversions. Those are conspicuous buttons to add to the cart, check without interference, product information available at every step, countdown timer, etc.
Shoptimizer is also SEO-friendly – you can add text in all categories pages to rank higher on SERP.
- WooCommerce orientated.
- One of the most SEO-optimized themes.
- Shoptimizer supports leading page builders such as Elementor, Beaver Builder, SiteOrigin, and Visual Composer.
- Over 5000 suitable extensions you can add to improve the functionality of your webshop.
- Simple drag and drop customization.
- Distraction-free check-out pages.
- Sticky product details on every page.
- Prominent trust badges that make customers feel safe.
- A great deal of attention is dedicated to the accessibility of the theme.
- Translation ready.
- Exquisite loading speed.
Price: $49 per year.
“All in one” theme
With Avada, you can customize every detail of your site’s appearance. This theme is one of the most downloaded themes and has excellent customer reviews.
Choose one of the 82 predesigned demo sites (20 out of 82 are specially made for eCommerce sites). There is also a page dedicated to front and back-end adaptation (Avada Builder and Avada Live).
- Suitable for beginners, marketers, and professionals.
- Great customization options.
- Clean and precise design.
Price: $60 per year.
Photoshop among WooCommerce themes.
Divi is the most prominent among the Elegant Themes offered. This widely used multipurpose theme is an excellent framework for website building, which doesn’t require coding.
It is suitable for all types of users – freelancers, agencies, business owners, and most importantly, it has excellent WooCommerce integration! It allows users to customize every part of the website to the most delicate details.
- Easy front-end customization with drag and drop building.
- Custom CSS control.
- WooCommerce integration makes Divi an excellent theme for eCommerce websites.
- Divi is a perfect choice for lead generation and boosting sales.
- It has many available plugins – for social media integration, email, etc.
- It helps the creation of visually appealing content.
- Simple and intuitive navigation.
- Highly responsive theme.
- Multilingual – 32 languages are available.
Price: $89 per year.
Versatile design for all purposes.
Flatsome is a multipurpose theme suitable for all types of websites, but it also has features that make it great for eCommerce sites. This theme is highly responsive and provides a pleasant user experience.
To customize the theme’s design, you don’t need coding knowledge – you’ll do it easily with a simple yet reliable page builder.
Flatsome theme characteristics:
- Flatsome has a fabulous flat modern design – minimalistic and apparent.
- Focus is on the products in the central block, without distractions.
- Navigation is non-confusing and straightforward.
- Highly responsive and mobile-friendly theme.
- It doesn’t require coding for appearance adaptations.
- The theme is multilingual (translation-ready).
- Optimized for speed.
- It has social media integration built-in.
Price: $59 per year.
Powerful multipurpose WordPress theme.
Ultra theme from Temify allows its user’s complete control over websites appearance, from header to footer. Making attractive and responsive eCommerce websites was never easier with this powerful and flexible theme.
Ultra is appropriate for all types of business, but its creators especially recommend it for designers and developers.
- WooCommerce integration and beautiful user experience.
- More than 60 different design skin and predesigned demo versions are available in only one click. These professional layouts help set shop and product pages in no time.
- 12 builder add-ons.
- Complete control in customization of each page.
- 17 header/page styles, 5 single post layouts, 6 header background options.
- Complete section scrolling allows a slideshow-like presentation for viewers.
Price: $59 to $89 per year.
The divine theme for all types of fashion stores
As its name suggests, a Fashionable store theme is suitable for all types of clothes, shoes, or furniture selling sites. This theme is 100% compatible with the WooCommerce plugin, and it has a lot of valuable features.
Let’s see some of the Fashionable store’s best characteristics:
- Completely compatible with the latest update of the WooCommerce plugin.
- Built-in slider for an unlimited number of slides.
- Two demo options are available in a single click.
- Two headers available – one for
- The fashionable store theme has a clean, minimal, and flexible design.
- It has a clear cart page and smart check-out that raises conversions.
- It’s responsive on all devices but incredibly mobile-friendly since it’s designed for mobile device users first.
What is your favorite WooCommerce theme?
This was our list of top ten WooCoomerce WordPress themes. Each of the suggested themes stands out with its design and features, and all of them are excellent choices for eCommerce websites.
Do you have a favorite WooCommerce theme? Is it some from our list, or do you have other favorites? Would you care to share your preferences in the comments below?
We’re looking forward to finding out.
Travis Dillard is a business consultant and an organizational psychologist based in Arlington, Texas. Passionate about marketing, social networks, and business in general. In his spare time, he writes a lot about new business strategies and digital marketing for Seo Turnover.